This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Stafylas PC, Sarafidis PA. Carvedilol in hypertension treatment. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008 February;4(1):23–30.
- Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Black HR, Cushman WC, Green LA, Izzo JL et al. Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: the JNC report. JAMA 2003; 289(19):2560-72.
- Lawes CM, Hoorn V S, Rodgers A. Global burden of blood-pressure-related disease, 2001. Lancet 2008 May 3;371(9623):1513-28.
- Bundgaard M, Jarbol DE, Paulsen MS, Jacobsen JL, Pedersen ML. Prevalence of the use of antihypertensive medications in Greenland: a study of quality of care amongst patients treated with antihypertensive drugs. Int J Circumpolar Health 2012;71:10.3402
- Gupta R. Trends in hypertension epidemiology in India. J Hum Hypertens 2004 February;18(2):73-78.
- Chrysant SG, Chrysant GS, Dimas B. Current and Future Status of Betablockers in the Treatment of Hypertension. Clinical Cardiology 2008 June;31(6):249-252.
- Friedrich MG, Dahlöf B, Sechtem U, Unger T, Knecht M. Telmisartan Effectiveness on Left ventricular Mass Reduction (TELMAR) as assessed by magnetic resonance imaging in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension – a prospective, randomised, double-blind comparison of telmisartan with metoprolol over a period of six months – rationale and study design. Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin- Aldosterone System 2003 December;4(4):234-243.
- Anand MP. Essential hypertension. In: Shah SN, Anand MP, Acharya VN, Bichile SK, Karnad DR, Kamath SA, Munjal YT, editors. API text book of Medicine 7 th ed. Mumbai: The Association of Physicians of India; 2003.p.452-61.
- Dahlof B, Hosie J. Antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of a fixed combination of metoprolol and
- felodipine in comparison with the individual substances in monotherapy. The Swedish/United Kingdom Study Group. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 1990;16(6):910-916.
- Zachariah PK, Bonnet G, Chrysant SG, De Backer G, Goldstein R, Herrera J et al. Evaluation of antihypertensive efficacy of lisinopril compared to metoprolol in moderate to severe hypertension. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 1987;9(3):S53-8.
- Freytag F, Schelling A, Meinicke T, Deichsel G. Comparison of 26-week efficacy and tolerability of telmisartan and atenolol, in combination with hydrochlorothiazide as required, in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension: a randomized, multicenter study. Clin Ther 2001 Jan;23(1):108-23.
- Pramod B. Akat, Tushar R. Bapat, Mangala B. Murthy, Vitthal B. Karande, Shreyas R. Burute. Comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of telmisartan and enalapril in patients of mild to moderate essential hypertension. Indian J Pharmacol 2010 June; 42(3): 153–156.
- Pollare T, Lithell H, Selinus I, Berne C. Sensitivity to insulin during treatment with atenolol and metoprolol: a randomised, double blind study of effects on carbohydrate and lipoprotein metabolism in hypertensive patients. British Medical Journal 1989 Apr 29;298(6681):1152-7.
- Yuhei Shiga, Shin-ichiro Miura, Ryoko Mitsutake, Kenji Norimatsu, Itsuki Nagata, Tadaaki Arimura et al. Efficacy and safety of a single-pill fixed-dose combination of high-dose telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide in patients with uncontrolled hypertension. Journal of ReninAngiotensin-Aldosterone System 201213: 394-400.