This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Kramer MS, Kakuma R. The Optimal Duration of Exclusive Breastfeeding: A Systematic Review. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD 003517.
- Bhutta ZA, Labbok M. Scaling up breastfeeding in developing countries. Lancet 2011; 378:378–80. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60897-0.
- National Fact Sheet, India 2015-16 National Family Health Survey (NFHS-4. Available from: http://www.rchiips.org/ nfhs/pdf/ NFHS4/India.pdf. [Last accessed on 2018 May 30.
- National Fact Sheet, India 2005-2006 National Family Health Survey (NFHS-3). Available from: http://www.nfhsindia.org/pdf/IN.pdf. [Last accessed on 2017 May 04.
- Jones G, Steketee RW, Black RE, Bhutta ZA, Morris SS; Bellagio Child Survival Study Group. How many child deaths can we prevent this year? Lancet 2003; 362:65–71.
- UNICEF. Overview of Breastfeeding Patterns. Child Info. organization; February 2012 Available from: http://www.childinfo.org/breastfeeding_overview.html. [Last accessed on 2018 May 30].
- Tampah-Naah AM, Kumi-Kyereme A. Determinants of exclusive breastfeeding among mothers in Ghana: A crosssectional study. Int. Breastfeed J. 2013; 8:13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-4358-8-13.
- Kishore MS, Kumar P, Aggarwal AK. Breastfeeding knowledge and practices amongst mothers in a rural population of North India: A community-based study. J Trop Pediatr. 2009; 55:183– 8. https://doi.org/10.1093/tropej/fmn110.
- Diji AK, Bam V, Asante E, Lomotey AY, Yeboah S, Owusu HA. Challenges and predictors of exclusive breastfeeding among mothers attending the child welfare clinic at a regional hospital in Ghana: A descriptive cross-sectional study. Int. Breastfeed J. 2016; 12: 3. https://doi.org/10.1186/ s13006-017-0104-2.
- Salariya EM, Easton PM, Cater JI. Duration of breast-feeding after early initiation and frequent feeding. Lancet 1978; 2:1141–3. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(78)92289-4.
- Kameswararao AA. Breastfeeding behaviour of Indian women. Indian J Community Med. 2004; 29:62–4.
- Haider R, Ashworth A, Kabir I, Huttly SR. Effect of community-based peer counsellors on exclusive breastfeeding practices in Dhaka, Bangladesh: A randomised controlled trial [see comments]. Lancet 2000; 356:1643–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(00)03159-7.
- Chezem J, Friesen C, Boettcher J. Breastfeeding knowledge, Breastfeeding confidence, and infant feeding plans: Effects on actual feeding practices. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2003; 32:40–7. https://doi.org/10.1177/0884217502239799.