This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Chandra RK. Immunological aspects of human milk. Nutrition Reviews 1978;36(9):265-72.
- Garg M, Marriyah H, Deeksha K. Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) practices in Udupi district, Karnataka. Journal of Nutrition Research 2015;3(1):38-44.
- WHO. Indicators for assessing infant and young child feeding practices part WHO, Geneva. 2010
- Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) National Plan of Action 2009-2011: Institute of Public Health Nutrition (IPHN), Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare;2009.
- UNICEF. The State of the World's Children: Maternal and Newborn Health. New York, USA. 2008.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk. Journal of Pediatrics. 2005;115(2):496-506.
- World Health Organization. Nutrition: Exclusive Breastfeeding. http://www.who.int/ nutrition/topics/exclusive_breastfeeding/en/i ndex.html. 2010.
- Begna Z, Kefale B, Geletaw A, Abdella A, Chinasho B, Alemayehu A, et al. Knowledge and practice of mothers towards exclusive breastfeeding and its associated factors in Ambo Woreda West Shoa Zone Oromia Region, Ethiopia. Int J Res Dev Pharm Life Sci 2015;4(3):175-82.
- Mbada CE, Olowookere AE, Faronbi JO, Oyinlola-Aromolaran FC, Faremi FA, Ogundele AO, et al. Knowledge, attitude and techniques of breastfeeding among Nigerian mothers from a semi-urban community. BMC Res Notes 2013;6:552.
- Laroia N, Sharma D. The religious and cultural bases for breastfeeding practices among the Hindus. Breastfeeding Medicine 2006;1(2): 94-8.
- Mitiku M, Damte M, Kebede Z. Factors associated with exclusive breastfeeding practices in Debre Berhan District, Central Ethiopia: a cross sectional community based study. Int Breastfeed J 2015;10:23. doi: 10.1186/s13006-015-0049-2.
- Chandhiok N, Singh KJ, Sahu D, Singh L, Pandey A. Changes in exclusive breastfeeding practices and its determinants in India, 1992– 2006: analysis of national survey data. International breastfeeding journal 2015 dec;10(1):1.
- Bhattathiry MM, Kumari S. A Study on the Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices among Mothers in a Selected Rural Area of Kollam, Kerala. Profession 2016 dec;3-6.
- Eshetu K, Wakgari N. Attitude and practice towards exclusive breastfeeding and its associated factors among HIV positive mothers in southern Ethiopia. Am J Health Res 2015 Mar;3:105-15.
- Mandal PK, Sardar JC, Chatterjee C, Lahiri SK, Ghosh PK. A study on breastfeeding practices among infants in a rural area of West Bengal. Indian J Prev Soc Med 2007;38(1-2):28-31.